easter is just a week away!.....the time is surely flying by!
today i am getting a start on cleaning the house so i won't have so much to do at the end of
the week when i will be busy baking.
i am going to be listing several recipes and photos on foods which we prepare for easter.
i am making the dough for the cut out sugar cookies for easter. this dough must rest in the fridge for
overnight before rolling out cookies. then the cut cookies must rest in the fridge for several hours.
for this reason i am making the dough today, freezing it and i will take it to new york city with me
and roll and bake there and then bring the cookies home for easter.
i was thinking i might use some of the cookies as name place "cards" for our easter dinner. (we shall
see how much time i have left at the end of the week!) i will be rolling out bunnies, carrots, eggs and
here is the basic recipe:
2 c. all purpose flour (no need to sift)
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1 stick butter (no salt), at room temperature
1 c. sugar
1 egg, large
1 t. pure vanilla (not imitation)
1. mix dry ingredients in bowl and set aside.
2. cream butter, add sugar and then egg and vanilla, mixing well.
3. slowly add dry ingredients, making sure to incorporate.
4. wrap dough in saran and chill overnight.
5. roll dough out and cut into desire shapes and place on parchment lined baking sheets. cover with saran.
6. chill cut out dough for at least 2 hours before baking.
7. preheat oven to *350.
8. sprinkle sanding sugar onto cookies if desired and bake 8 - 12 minutes, depending on oven, til
edges are golden.
9. cool on rack. will keep for several days if kept in tight tin.
we got this recipe from martha stewart and therefore always called it "martha dough"....we would use this
same dough for our linzer tarts, which are absolutely delicious!
Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe with us. I will definitely try this out as it seems to be really very yummy. Great post.ReplyDelete
Easter is coming and most of us are busy with planning to be made for easter. This easter i am also now thinking to avoid sugar filled dishes like cookies etc and focus on my diet.ReplyDelete